Every year, Cantor Fitzgerald and affiliate BGC Partners, in conjunction with the Cantor Fitzgerald Relief Fund, commemorate our 658 friends and colleagues and 61 Eurobrokers employees who perished on September 11, 2001 by distributing 100% of our global revenues on Charity Day to the Cantor Fitzgerald Relief Fund and dozens of charities around the world. Since its inception, Charity Day has raised approximately $113 million globally. Each anniversary is a poignant occasion for us. Charity Day is our way of turning a tragic day into one that is positive and uplifting by helping others. www.bgccharityday.com
National Domestic Violence Hotline www.thehotline.org responded to nearly 52,000 more contacts in the first 6 months of 2015 compared to the same time period in 2014.
From Jan-Jun 2015:
Hotline calls/chats answered: 126,377
LIR calls/chats/texts answered: 31,817
TOTAL CONTACTS ANSWERED: 158,194
1. We are the only national organization to provide direct services for victims and survivors of domestic violence 24/7/365.
2. Since the Hotline began in 1996, we have answered over 3.5 Million calls for help from victims and survivors
3. We were the first to launch a nation-wide text messaging platform for young people experiencing dating abuse.
4. www.loveisrespect.org offers the most comprehensive national resource built to engage, educate, and empower youth to prevent and end abusive relationships.
5. 1 in 3 young people experience dating abuse. 1 in 4 women and 1 in 7 men experience domestic violence.